IT Services refers to the application of business and technical expertise to enable organizations in the creation, management and optimization of or access to information and business processes.
The market can be segmented by the type of skills that are employed to deliver the service (design, build, run). There are also different categories of service: business process services, application services and infrastructure services.
If these services are outsourced, they are referred to as business process outsourcing (BPO), applications outsourcing (AO) and infrastructure outsourcing.
Win-Pro offers a wide range of services ranging from IT Outsourced Support, Business Continuity Planning to UPS Batteries Replacement.
Whatever the size of your business and your industry, you will need to outsource some types of IT services.
Depending on the expertise of your employees, the time you have to dedicate to IT, and the security you require, you may decide to contract an MSP. Many small businesses choose this option, as it makes it easier to receive a variety of services from one place. Alternatively, you may decide it would be better to outsource some specific services and contract others just when you need them.
IT as a service – Wikipedia (ITaaS)
There are several main types of IT services, including:
- IT Infrastructure services, which involve the physical setup and maintenance of a company’s IT systems, such as servers, networks, storage devices and structured cabling.
- End-user help desk IT support services, which are services that are directly used by the company’s employees, such as email, collaboration tools, and office productivity software.
- Applications management services, which involve the development, deployment, and maintenance of custom software applications for the company.
- IT Security services, which involve protecting the company’s IT systems and data from external threats and ensuring compliance with industry regulations.
- Project management services: These services involve the planning, execution, and management of IT projects to deliver specific business outcomes.
- Cloud computing services: These services allow organizations to store, manage, and access data and applications on remote servers, enabling them to scale and access resources on-demand.
- Data center or Server room design services: These services involve the management and maintenance of data centers, including the physical infrastructure, power, cooling, and security.
- Network services: These services involve the design, implementation, and management of an organization’s network infrastructure, including LAN, WAN, and wireless networks.
- Disaster recovery services: These services help organizations plan and implement strategies to recover from disasters or other disruptions to their IT systems.
- Business continuity services: These services help organizations plan and implement strategies to ensure the availability of critical business processes and systems during disruptions.
- IT skills training: These services help organizations plan and implement training for staff to be competency in IT skills, so that staff can compete tasks effectively.
- Mobile device management: These services help organizations to manage staff mobile devices so that it can empower staff to be operationally ready always anytime anywhere.
- Data management and analysis: These services help organizations to collect, consolidate and analyze data to make timely decision for the company direction.
- Web design, development and management: These services help organizations to build, design, develop website, so that it can build market visibility and credibility online
- Web hosting services: These services help organization to store and manage their website.
- Outsourcing IT managed services: These services help organizations to concentrate on their core competencies to build and sustain their market competitive edge by outsourcing non-core activities like IT operations and management to a third-party provider.