Datto SaaS Protection - Backup for Microsoft 365
Simple, automated and secure backup of your cloud data
Datto SaaS Protection - Backup for Microsoft 365
As the leading cloud-to-cloud backup solution, Datto SaaS Protection offers an all-in-one backup, search, restore, and export solution for Microsoft 365. It ensures that you can access, control, and most importantly protect the data you entrust to the cloud.
The truth is even data in cloud-based applications are vulnerable to
- Malware damage or ransomware attacks
- Accidental end-user deletion
- Malicious end-user activity
- Operational errors such as accidental data overwrites
- Lost data due to cancelled account subscriptions
- Misconfigured application workflows
Interested O365 BACKUP?
Why Microsoft 365 Backup Is Insufficient?
While Microsoft 365 does include primitive restore capabilities for lost data, two major issues arise when using their tools: lost data and lost time
- Data loss due to inactive licenses: As one would expect, an active Microsoft 365 license is required to access O365 data. Unfortunately, inactive or deprovisioned user data is permanently deleted, and there is no rollback option.
- Data loss due to permanent deletion: When a SharePoint Online administrator deletes a site collection, all data will be placed in the Recycle Bin where it is kept for 93 days. At that time it is automatically and permanently deleted, and there is no rollback option.
- Data loss when restoring files: When restoring older files from a SharePoint backup, the restore is targeted at the same URL. This means a restore overwrites whatever data currently exists in the site collection, and there is no rollback option.
- Time lost in restoring files: Contacting Microsoft Support for assistance with any data loss issue can be time-consuming, and still may not result in restored files.
- It does not make sense to backup to the same cloud. Ideally, we would backup to a totally different cloud for added assurance.
Why do we need Datto SaaS Protection?
Skip the uncertainty and know your Microsoft 365 data is backed up by the most complete solution on the market today. Reduce risk and spend more time on your business.
- Point in Time Backups: Rest easy with Datto Backupify’s automatic 3x/day backup for Microsoft 365’s Exchange, OneDrive, and SharePoint.
- 3X/day backup: Perform additional backups as needed at any time. Running an on-demand backup will not affect the three regularly scheduled backups.
- On-demand backup: Get notifications at a glance, right on the dashboard, about all backup information.
- Backup notifications: Get notifications at a glance, right on the dashboard, about all backup information.
- Infinite Retention: Store an unlimited amount of data in the Datto Cloud for no additional fees.
- 24/7 Tech Support: SaaS Protection’s technical support team is available when organizations need them most. Tech support is on all hours via chat and phone
Easily avoid business downtime with quick one-click restore process. Quickly identify and recover individual items or entire folders without overwriting existing files.
- Quick and Painless Restore and Export: A streamlined architecture of Datto’s backend system means data export and restore times have improved dramatically.
- Non-destructive Restore: Restore data without overwriting existing files or site collections targeted at the same URL.
- Item level restore: Retrieve data in the original format with file and label structure maintained in the backup.
- Retain user data: Save money and administrator effort by automatically holding inactive users’ data forever.
- No overwrites: Prevent data overwrites and differentiate restored data from current Exchange, OneDrive, and Sharepoint production data for added protection.
- Advanced search capabilities: Easily find data with the advanced search option and restore individual items or entire folders.
Datto SaaS Protection – Versioning and Snapshots
Datto SaaS Protection supports versioning of the backed up data. Each time that your data is backed up, a “snapshot” of the data is saved. Each snapshot contains all of the information needed to restore your data to the exact state it was in at the time of the snapshot. Stored snapshots will be consolidated according to the following retention schedule:
- Datto SaaS Protection takes 3 daily backups and retains them for 30 days.
- After 30 days, the system saves one of those three daily backups per user.
- After 90 days, the system saves one weekly backup per user.
- After one year, Datto SaaS Protection saves one monthly backup per user.
There are 2 types of Data Retention Plan
- Infinite – Forever
- 1 Y Time Based – 1 Year
Exports and Restores from a Snapshot
Datto SaaS Protection supports Restoring and Exporting from a selected snapshot. Once you select a snapshot to browse, all restores and exports will occur as if they are initiated from the date of the snapshot.
Other Microsoft 365 Addon Features
Datto SaaS Defense – A fully integrated cloud security solution
Datto SaaS Defense protect and defend your clients’ critical cloud data against unknown cyber threats and common data loss scenarios with comprehensive detection, protection, and recovery from a single, channel-focused vendor. Datto offers a completely integrated solution built exclusively for MSPs that scans Microsoft 365 for malicious cyber threats and ensures complete protection with 3x daily backups and flexible, fast recovery.
Next Generation RMM Software for Modern MSPs
Datto Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) is a fully-featured, secure, cloud-based platform which enables MSPs to remotely secure, monitor, manage, and support endpoints to reduce costs and increase service delivery efficiency.
Reliably Deliver SaaS Backup to Your Clients
Reliably and securely backup Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace to ensure critical programs used for business, email and docs are protected.
Secure Cross-Platform Data Protection
From servers to virtual machines, SIRIS is the secure data protection solution built for MSPs to protect their client data. Security comes first with two-factor authentication and the immutable Datto Cloud to deliver the all-in-one solution for backup and recovery in a ransomware world.