APC Smart UPS – Power Solution
Smart-UPS On-Line provides high-density, double-conversion, online power protection for servers, voice/data networks, medical labs, and light industrial applications. The Smart-UPS On-Line is capable of supporting loads from 1 kVA – 10 kVA in a rack/tower convertible chassis. The 6 kVA, 8 kVA, and 10 kVA models feature unity output power factor enabling them to support power-hungry blade servers or heavily loaded equipment racks. When business-critical systems require runtime in hours, not minutes, Smart-UPS On-Line can be configured with multiple battery packs to meet aggressive runtime demands.
The included PowerChute Network Shutdown management software provides unattended graceful shutdown of network operating systems. Models 5 kVA to 10 kVA include an integrated network management card for remote management. The entire Smart-UPS On-Line family provides value to customers with demanding power conditions, including a very wide input voltage window, extremely tight output voltage regulation, frequency regulation, internal bypass, and input power factor correction.
- Proven performance with the world’s largest installed base of single-phase, double-conversion products.
- Rackmount and tower SRT 1 kVA – 10 kVA
APC Smart UPS – Power Solution – The enterprise-grade of Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS) made by American Power Conversion (APC).
Most of these UPS units have a SmartSlot (with the exception of SC and SMC series) which accepts an optional interface card providing features ranging from network connectivity to temperature and humidity monitoring with the exception of RT and SRT series,
Many of these UPS units are line-interactive UPS systems, only running their inverters when the grid power is unavailable.
PowerChute software is a proprietary software works with all APC Smart UPS units, which is available for major operating systems.
Every 2-3 years, batteries are required to replace to keep the UPS working at its optimum level.
Embedded network management card with environmental monitoring (5 kVA – 10 kVA models)
Remote monitoring and control of the UPS and the environment via Ethernet connection while freeing up the SmartSlotTM so customers can add accessories for additional communication options.
Switched outlet group(s)
Ability to control a group of output load receptacles independent from the main UPS. Enables:
• Rebooting hung device without cycling the entire UPS
• Sequenced turn ON/OFF
• Shedding of noncritical loads based on a variety of parameters (battery time, runtime remaining, and overload)
• Scheduled time OFF to conserve energy
Emergency power off
Remote UPS shutoff in the event of a fire or other emergency. The UPS can accept normally open (NO) or normally closed (NC) contacts.
Serial, USB, Ethernet, and SmartSlot for network accessory cards.
Modbus serial, USB PowerSummary, HTTP, SNMP, and Telnet.
1:1, 3:1 input hard-wire options
Product can be wired for 3-PH or 1-PH input (230 V, 8 kVA, and 10 kVA models only).
Enables second input source to be connected to UPS bypass (230 V, 8 kVA, and 10 kVA models only).
APC Smart-UPS On-Line display
Intuitive, easy-to-use LCD provides clear and accurate information in multiple languages
LCD display screen
Accurately provides real-time status updates in your choice of basic or advanced menus.
UPS status (scrolling)
• Output voltage
• Input voltage
• Output frequency
• Battery health
• UPS and outlet group settings
• Bypass control
• Output voltage, frequency
• Language, brightness, contrast
• Alarm volume
• IP address
Test and diagnostics
• Initiate battery and runtime calibration tests
• UPS serial number, battery part number
• Battery install and suggested replacement dates
Benefits of APC Smart UPS for Uninterrupted Power Supply
In today’s fast-paced and technology-driven world, uninterrupted power supply is crucial for both individuals and businesses. Power outages can lead to data loss, equipment damage, and disruptions in productivity. This is where APC Smart UPS comes to the rescue. In this article, we will delve into the impressive features and benefits of APC Smart UPS, highlighting why it is the go-to solution for reliable power backup.
1. Understanding APC Smart UPS
APC Smart UPS is a high-quality Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) system designed to provide backup power during electrical disturbances. It acts as a protective shield against power surges, blackouts, and voltage fluctuations. The intelligent design of APC Smart UPS ensures that connected devices continue to receive a stable power supply, safeguarding critical operations.
2. Unmatched Power Protection
APC Smart UPS offers unparalleled power protection for various applications, ranging from home offices to large-scale enterprises. With its advanced Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR) technology, it stabilizes inconsistent voltage levels, mitigating the risk of hardware failure and data loss. Whether it’s sensitive electronics or power-hungry servers, APC Smart UPS delivers reliable power backup to keep your systems running seamlessly.
3. Seamless Battery Management
One of the standout features of APC Smart UPS is its efficient battery management system. The UPS provides real-time monitoring of battery health, ensuring timely replacements and preventing unexpected power interruptions. With hot-swappable batteries, users can replace batteries without powering down connected devices, guaranteeing continuous operation even during maintenance activities.
4. Intelligent Energy Efficiency
In an era where energy conservation is paramount, APC Smart UPS shines by offering intelligent energy efficiency features. Its Green Mode automatically adjusts power consumption based on the load, optimizing energy usage without compromising performance. This not only reduces electricity bills but also contributes to a greener environment by minimizing carbon footprint.
5. User-Friendly Interface and Connectivity
APC Smart UPS comes equipped with an intuitive interface, making it user-friendly for individuals with varying technical expertise. The UPS provides clear and concise information about power status, battery health, and load capacity through its LCD display. Additionally, it offers convenient connectivity options, including USB and network interfaces, enabling remote monitoring and management of power backups.
6. Scalable and Flexible Solutions
Whether you have a small home office or a sprawling enterprise, APC Smart UPS offers scalable solutions to meet your power backup requirements. With a wide range of models and capacities available, you can choose the UPS that best aligns with your needs. The modular design of APC Smart UPS allows for easy expansion, ensuring future scalability as your power needs grow.
7. Uninterrupted Power, Uncompromised Peace of Mind
When it comes to ensuring uninterrupted power supply, APC Smart UPS is the epitome of reliability and peace of mind. With its cutting-edge technology, seamless battery management, and intelligent energy efficiency, it provides a robust backup power solution. Whether you are protecting sensitive data, supporting critical operations, or keeping your home office up and running, APC Smart UPS is your trusted companion.
In conclusion, APC Smart UPS is the ultimate choice for individuals and businesses seeking a reliable and efficient Uninterruptible Power Supply
APC UPS FAQ
What are the Power Quality settings for an SMT or SMX Smart-UPS?
What are the Power Quality settings for an SMT or SMX Smart-UPS?
All SMT and SMX models – All Serial Numbers
SMT and SMX series Smart-UPS feature a wizard that allows you to configure a “Power Quality” setting during initial set up via the Set Up wizard on the LCD screen.
During initial setup you are prompted to select your “Power Quality”. Power Quality is a combination of High and Low voltage Transfer points along with Sensitivity.
Transfer Points are the High and Low voltage points where the UPS will enable Automatic Voltage Regulation.
If the UPS is unable to regulate voltage within this window, it will then switch to battery.
Sensitivity relates to Total Harmonic Distortion, Frequency drift and Dv/Dt (rapid change of voltage)
Once you select a Power Quality setting you can always change it later via the LCD or a Network Management Card interface. If you want to change the Sensitivity or Transfer Points individually via the LCD interface you would first need to enable “Advanced Menus” via the Configuration menu.
Depending on your particular model and firmware revision your specific parameters may vary.
As an example, on an SMT750C with firmware UPS 03.5 your Power Quality Settings would be as Follows:
Sensitivity – Normal
Low Voltage Transfer Point: 106V
High Voltage Transfer Point: 127V
(NOTE: These are the tightest parameters supported by this UPS. This is the UPS Default.)
Sensitivity – Reduced
Low Voltage Transfer Point: 103V
High Voltage Transfer Point: 130V
Sensitivity – Low
Low Voltage Transfer Point: 97V
High Voltage Transfer Point: 136V
(NOTE: These are the widest parameters supported by this UPS.)
PowerChute Network Shutdown VM priority groups explained
What are priority groups in PowerChute Network Shutdown?
PowerChute Network Shutdown v4.3, v4.4
PowerChute Network Shutdown v4.3, v4.4 configured with VMware vCenter Server.
Virtual Machines, virtual appliances and the vCenter Server Appliance can be grouped into priority groups – High, Medium, Low, Group 1, Group 2, and any remaining will be un-prioritized. When VM Prioritization is enabled, an inventory view of the datacenter, clusters, VMs and vApps appears on the left. On the right, the High, Medium, Low, Group 1, and Group 2 priority groups are listed.
You can assign a VM/vApp to a priority group by clicking on a VM/vApp on the left-hand side and dragging it to a priority group on the right. You can select multiple VMs/vApps by pressing the CTRL key on the keyboard while clicking on the VMs/vApps you want to move. You can also click on the cluster icon to select all VMs within that cluster, or click the datacenter icon to select all clusters of VMs/vApps within that datacenter.
Move VMs/vApps between priority groups by dragging them from one group to another. To remove a VM/vApp from a priority group, select the VM/vApp and click the Remove button.
Any VM/vApp in the inventory that is not assigned to a priority group is considered to be Un-prioritized.
If as in the example above the High priority group has a delay set to zero any powered on VMs/vApps that are included High priority group will be skipped. The High priority VMs/vApps will remain powered on. This may be helpful when working with VMs/vApps that need to remain running after the vCenter Server VM is shut down e.g. Storage or Controller VMs. If these VMs/vApps require graceful shutdown, then an external script can be configured via the Shutdown Command file feature in PowerChute to do this. Please note that these VMs/vApps that will not be powered up automatically by PowerChute if VM Startup has been enabled.
NOTE: Setting any priority group with a zero second delay for Migration, Shutdown, and Startup will have the same affect.
Prioritized VM Operations Sequence:
For VM Migration and VM Startup, the order in which priority groups are processed is as follows:
High priority VMs are Migrated and Started first, then Medium and so on.
For VM Shutdown the order in which priority groups are processed is:
Un-prioritized are shutdown first, then Group 2 and so on.
APC Smart-UPS Accessories
• AP9640: UPS Network Management Card
• AP9641: UPS Network Management Card with Environmental Monitoring
• AP9643: UPS Network Management Card with Environmental Monitoring and Modbus Support
• AP9810: APC dry contact I/O accessory
• AP9624: UPS interface expander
• AP9613: Dry contact I/O SmartSlot card
• SRT48BP: APC Smart-UPS SRT 48 V 1 kVA and 1.5 kVA battery pack
• SRT48RMBP: APC Smart-UPS SRT 48 V 1 kVA and 1.5 kVA battery back
• SRT72BP: APC Smart-UPS SRT 72 V 2.2 kVA battery pack
• SRT72RMBP: APC Smart-UPS SRT 72 V 2.2 kVA RM battery pack
• SRT96BP: APC Smart-UPS SRT 96 V 3 kVA battery pack
• SRT96RMBP: APC Smart-UPS SRT 96 V 3 kVA RM battery pack
• SRT192BP: APC Smart-UPS SRT 192 V 5 kVA and 6 kVA battery pack
• SRT192RMBP: APC Smart-UPS SRT 192 V 5 kVA and 6 kVA RM battery pack
• SRT192BP2: APC Smart-UPS SRT 192 V 8 kVA and 10 kVA battery pack
• SRT192RMBP2: APC Smart-UPS SRT 192 V 8 kVA and 10 kVA RM battery pack
• SRT002: APC Smart-UPS SRT 5 M extension cable for 192 VDC External Battery Packs 5/6 kVA UPS
• SRT003: APC Smart-UPS SRT 5 M extension cable for 192 VDC External Battery Packs 8/10 kVA UPS
• SRT009: APC Smart-UPS SRT 5 M extension cable for 72 VDC external battery pack 2.2 kVA UPS
• SRT010: APC Smart-UPS SRT 5 M extension cable for 96 VDC external battery pack 3 kVA UPS
• SRTRK2: APC Smart-UPS SRT 19 inch rail kit for Smart-UPS SRT 5/6/8/10 kVA UPS
• SRTRK3: APC 2-post mounting rail kit for Smart-UPS SRT 2.2/3/5/6/8/10 kVA UPS
• SRTRK4: APC Smart-UPS SRT 19 in rail kit for Smart-UPS SRT 1/1.5/2.2/3 kVA UPS
• SRT001: APC Smart-UPS SRT 5 kVA output HW kit
• SRT012: APC Smart-UPS SRT 2.2/3 kVA input/output HW kit
• SRT5KTF: APC Smart-UPS RT 3/5/6 kVA isolation and step-down transformer
• SRT10KRMTF: APC Smart-UPS RT 8 / 10 kVA isolation and step-down transformer
Service bypass panels
• SBP1500RMI: APC service bypass panel 230 V; 10 A; BBM; IEC-320 C14 input; IEC-320 C14 / C13 output
• SBP3000RMI: APC service bypass panel 230 V; 16 A; BBM; IEC-320 C20 input; IEC-320 C20 /C19 output
• SBP3000RMHW: APC service bypass panel 230 V; 16 A; BBM; hardwire input; IEC-320 C20 /C19 output
• SBP6KRMI2U: APC service bypass panel 230 V; 50 A; MBB; hardwire input; (4) IEC-320 C19 output
• SBP10KRMI4U: APC service bypass panel 230 V; 100 A; MBB; hardwire input; IEC-320 output (8) C13 (2) C19
SURT013: SURT Equipment Cart
Replacement Battery Cartridge
- APCRBC140: RBC for SRT 5 kVA – 10 kVA UPS
- APCRBC141: RBC for SRT 2.2 kVA UPS
- APCRBC152: RBC for SRT 3 kVA UPS
- APCRBC155 RBC for SRT 1-1.5 kVA UPS